Countrywide Library of Medicine
Division of Wellness and Human Services, Countrywide Institutes of Wellness
CLOSING Day: January 16, 2022
Supervisory Librarian (DE) Job Announcement Number: NIH-NLM-DE-22-11275184
You need to be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Countrywide to use. Generally, candidates who are coming into Federal services for the to start with time from the private sector will require to use for delegated inspecting positions.
Supervisory Librarian (MP) Job Announcement Number: NIH-NLM-MP-22-11274516
You need to be a recent or former federal personnel eligible to use under advantage advertising treatments or if not be eligible as a status applicant (e.g., Veterans Employment Opportunity Act).
SUMMARY: This placement is found in the Division of Library Operations (DLO), Countrywide Library of Medicine. DLO selects, acquires, and catalogs biomedical publications furnishes reference and doc shipping and delivery services prepares and publishes indexes, and other publications for the use by the biomedical community administers countrywide biomedical facts retrieval services supports scientific terminology and health details benchmarks and coordinates the Network of the Countrywide Library of Medicine.
Obligations: As a Supervisory Librarian, you will:
- Plan, direct, and deliver strategic management for cataloging and metadata management and mapping services for biomedical literature and other sources obtained for the NLM collection, which includes the development and servicing of bibliographic and authority records in accordance to countrywide benchmarks.
- Preserve knowledgeable of new cataloging regulations and tactics and as applicable, introduce them into NLM workflows and treatments.
- With the support of subordinate supervisors, prepare, direct, and supervise the activities of about 20 skilled librarians, technological facts specialists and library technological aid personnel engaged in cataloging and delivering metadata management and mapping services.
- Appraise subordinates make powerful choice suggestions for subordinate personnel hear team grievances, critical personnel complaints and disciplinary issues and consider initiative to solve them.
- Direct Part participation in the progress, enhancement, and use of automation aid for cataloging and metadata management capabilities.
- Distribute machine-readable records in MARC, XML, as joined details, and other conventional community formats.
- Oversee metadata mapping services which deliver details to significant internal NLM merchandise these kinds of as PubMed and Digital Collections.
- Oversee the progress, servicing, and publication of the NLM Classification.
- Serve as a technological authority and spokesperson on NLM cataloging, metadata and classification services, insurance policies, and treatments.
- Participate in countrywide and global bibliographic management courses and benchmarks progress.
- Depict the Library to various skilled teams and corporations and build and sustain contacts with essential officials of the Library of Congress, OCLC, and other libraries and facts centers.
Location: Bethesda, MD
Skills: In get to qualify for a Supervisory Librarian, GS-1410 placement at the GS-fourteen level, you need to have:
A. successfully concluded at minimum one complete tutorial year of graduate analyze in library science in an accredited college or university or college, in addition to completion of all perform required for a bachelor’s diploma in any discipline OR
B. a complete of at minimum five several years of merged college or university-level instruction, instruction, and/or experience. This instruction, instruction, and/or experience need to have provided you with a know-how and knowing of the theories, ideas, and tactics of skilled librarianship know-how of literature sources and the know-how and qualities crucial for delivering powerful library and facts services.
For a complete list of skills, pay a visit to the USAJOBS announcement.
Training: This placement has an instruction prerequisite. You are strongly inspired to post a duplicate of your transcripts (or a list of your programs which includes titles, credit rating hrs concluded and grades). Unofficial transcripts will be approved in the application deal. Formal transcripts will be required from all selectees prior to acquiring an official give.
For a complete list of instructional prerequisites, pay a visit to the USAJOBS announcement.
Please get hold of Jennifer Marill, Chief, Specialized Services Division, at [email protected] with questions about the placement.
Please get hold of Fettina Bryant, Human Means Professional, at [email protected] or 301-594-1921 with questions about the application system or status of the application.