National LIBRARY OF Medicine, BETHESDA, MARYLAND
The National Library of Medicine (NLM), National Heart for Biotechnology Details (NCBI) is recruiting for a Staff Scientist 1 with demonstrated expertise in bioinformatics solutions progress. The place is in the Computational Biology Branch (CBB), which is a element of the Intramural Investigation Software (IRP). NLM is a person of 27 Institutes at the National Institutes of Health and fitness (NIH), element of the Office of Health and fitness and Human Providers (DHHS).
This applicant will be accountable for:
- devising a improved knowing of the molecular mechanisms of cancer and other illnesses though developing new algorithmic and device learning (ML) solutions, information integration, and modelling of gene regulation and ailment development
- performing research in the specified region
- furnishing computational guidance to the research group to create net-centered applications and information processing and
- collaborating in mentoring junior group users which include postdoctoral fellows, learners, and postbaccalaureate fellows.
The best applicant might or might not be a United States citizen and should have a doctoral diploma.
We are searching for an personal with:
- a Ph.D. in computer system science, bioinformatics, or a comparable quantitative field
- at minimum 5 a long time of research practical experience following receiving the ultimate diploma, this sort of as postdoctoral research and/or equal practical experience
- a strong track history in research as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications
- proven experience in developing novel computational solutions in biomedical sciences
- practical experience in doing the job with Up coming Technology Sequencing (NGS) and
- a proven ability to do the job the two independently and as a group member.
Priority will be provided to a applicant with expertise in superior ML solutions and/or network biology.
As a situation of employment, all federal employees should be totally vaccinated against COVID-19 irrespective of the employee’s obligation location or do the job arrangement, e.g., telework, distant do the job, etc. If selected, you should present proof of vaccination. An official position offer you and continued employment is contingent on this need. For additional facts on this need, take a look at the Safer Federal Workforce page on vaccines. If you want a COVID-19 vaccine, make sure you take a look at Vaccines.gov.
This non-aggressive appointment in the excepted service is comparable to a federal complete-time place. Wage will be commensurate with practical experience and skills. A complete bundle of advantages is offered.
HOW TO Use:
Interested individuals must send out a duplicate of their CV and Bibliography with the names of three references along with a go over letter detailing research interests, and proof of engagement in multi-disciplinary collaborative research to [email protected] Make sure you include things like the announcement quantity, NLM754-2022, in the go over letter. Do not include things like your birth day, social protection quantity (SSN), or own photograph on application products.
Review of applications will start on February two, 2022. Applications will be recognized right up until the place is crammed.
Motivation TO Variety AND Equal Work Opportunity:
NIH NLM encourages the application and nomination of competent females, minorities, and individuals with disabilities. The United States Authorities does not discriminate in employment centered on race, colour, faith, intercourse (which include pregnancy and gender id), nationwide origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic facts, age, membership in an employee group, retaliation, parental status, army service, or other non-advantage components. NIH NLM will present sensible accommodations to applicants with disabilities as proper. If you call for sensible accommodation during any element of the application and selecting system, make sure you notify us.
DHHS, NIH, and NLM are equal possibility companies.