Protein in urine — identified as proteinuria (professional-tee-NU-ree-uh) — is excessive protein discovered in a urine sample. Protein is just one of the substances recognized all through a take a look at to review the articles of your urine (urinalysis).
Low levels of protein in urine are ordinary. Briefly superior levels of protein in urine usually are not unusual either, particularly in more youthful persons following exercising or all through an sickness.
Persistently superior levels of protein in urine may be a indicator of kidney illness.April 21, 2020
- What you really should know about albuminuria (proteinuria). National Kidney Basis. https://www.kidney.org/atoz/articles/proteinuriawyska. Accessed Jan. 19, 2017.
- Protein in urine. American Kidney Fund. http://www.kidneyfund.org/kidney-illness/kidney-complications/protein-in-urine.html. Accessed Jan. 19, 2017.
- Proteinuria. Merck Manual Skilled Version. http://www.merckmanuals.com/expert/genitourinary-conditions/symptoms-of-genitourinary-conditions/proteinuria. Accessed Jan. 19, 2017.
- Rovin BH. Assessment of urinary protein excretion and analysis of isolated non-nephrotic proteinuria in older people. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed April 14, 2020.
- Albuminuria: Albumin in the urine. National Institute of Diabetic issues and Digestive and Kidney Ailments. https://www.niddk.nih.gov/well being-information and facts/kidney-illness/long-term-kidney-illness-ckd/exams-diagnosis/albuminuria-albumin-urine. Accessed Jan. 19, 2017.
- Somers MJ. Orthostatic (postural) proteinuria. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed April 14, 2020.
- Kelepouris E, et al. Overview of weighty proteinuria and the nephrotic syndrome. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed April 14, 2020.
- O’Connell TX. Proteinuria. In: Fast Work-Ups: A Clinical Guidebook to Drugs. 2nd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier 2017. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 20, 2017.