THURSDAY, Sept. 24, 2020 (HealthDay News) — A Massachusetts man died from having way too considerably black licorice, doctors say.
The 54-yr-outdated development employee ate a bag and fifty percent every day for a handful of weeks, which led to an imbalance in his body’s vitamins that triggered his coronary heart to end, in accordance to the case review in the New England Journal of Medication, the Linked Push claimed.
“Even a compact quantity of licorice you take in can maximize your blood tension a very little little bit,” stated Dr. Neel Butala, a cardiologist at Massachusetts General Healthcare facility who was associated in the case.
Black licorice has glycyrrhizic acid, which can trigger dangerously low levels of potassium and imbalances in other minerals termed electrolytes, the AP claimed.
Consuming just 2 ounces of black licorice a day for two weeks could trigger a coronary heart rhythm dilemma, specially for individuals more mature than forty, in accordance to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.