The universe works in a balance, anything in excess or deficiency is a sign of trouble. All efforts must be done to strike the balance or else a catastrophe is near. This is the theory that is applicable in every life process of humans and of all living organisms as well. In humans for example, if you while eating food we talk about a balanced diet.
It is nothing but a concept which says that all the nutrients must be consumed during a meal. But yes, the proportions of each nutrient can differ based on the requirement of the person.
If the person consumes any nutrient in excess, it is harmful similarly if the person consumed the same nutrient in less quantity, he/she will suffer from its deficiency. Taking an example of protein, it is known as a bodybuilding nutrient as it helps in building and repairing muscles and bones.
Excess protein harms the kidneys resulting in serious kidney ailments whereas its deficiency makes bones and muscles weak. Similarly, in this article, our point of concern is to strike the balance of potassium in the body. Well, there are shortcuts such as taking medications like Cenforce 200 mg and Vidalista 60 mg for every small issue, but here we shall explore the ways to balance potassium levels in the body naturally.
Potassium is the third most abundant mineral in the human body. Its functions range from facilitating the transmission of nerve signals to allowing the smooth contraction of muscles. Low potassium content in the body leads to dehydration making the person fall unconsciously in extreme heat, which we call heat stroke. A high potassium diet could have saved the person from his cells and tissues getting deprived of water.
Potassium is one of the electrolytes in the body along with sodium. When dissolved in water in the body it dissociates into positively charged ions. The charged ions are helpful in various biological processes. All the instructions in the body occur with help of nerve signals, the charged ion when moved in the body changes the voltage thus, generating electric signals. Hence, if potassium levels are not adequate the signals may be generated in time, resulting in a delay in the transmission of signals. Such a person will have slow responses and may understand things less later than others.
Potassium being an electrolyte maintains the fluid balance or osmolality in the cells. Due to any reason, if the fluids move into cells or move out of the cells, the cells will swell or burst. This is why it is important to ensure sufficient potassium in the body that will maintain an equal concentration of electrolytes inside as well as outside the cells. Swelling of the brain cells can also lead to death.
How do balance potassium levels in the body naturally?
Now, you may need to balance the potassium levels in two conditions, first when the potassium level is very low known as hypokalemia and second when the potassium level is very high known as hyperkalemia. You must think of balancing potassium when a doctor has diagnosed any of the above situations. We shall discuss balancing potassium during hypokalemia and hyperkalemia.
- The best way to treat low potassium levels is to eat potassium-rich food items like sweet potato, beans, salmon, spinach, mushrooms, broccoli, banana, peas, grams, kale, avocado etc. Do not use medications to increase potassium levels as they are vulnerable to side effects.
- Reducing the intake of sodium-rich foods as we know there are mostly two major electrolytes in the body i.e., sodium and potassium. Hence, if too much sodium is present, it may overshadow potassium. Use natural diuretics to get rid of excess sodium.
- When the potassium levels are exceedingly the cells will swell and ultimately burst. This is because potassium is the main electrolyte of the intracellular fluid (ICF), i.e, the fluid inside the cells. And sodium is the main electrolyte of the extracellular fluid, the fluid outside the cells. And as per the principle of osmosis, the water or fluid will move from an area of low electrolyte to high electrolyte concentration,
- Hence, during hyperkalemia potassium is present in excess. Hence, fluids from outside the cells will move into cells resulting in bursting them. If the cells of critical areas burst it can cause permanent damage to that organ.
- Treat this situation by reducing the consumption of high potassium content food items. You can reduce the potassium content of foods by boiling them before eating. But after boiling only eat the fruit or vegetable and do not drink that boiled water, as it contains all the extracted potassium.
Usually, hyperkalemia or hypokalemia does not have any prominent symptoms that common people can understand before. Hence, it is important to go for a periodic health check-up or get ready to use Fildena 100 mg from Powpills.